The objective of the Ontario Forage Council is to support and strengthen the province's forage industry and build a strong voice to promote the importance of forage by:
1. Provide a "one stop shop" for forage technical and research information Supplying a valuable province-wide communication network between producers, input suppliers, government, researchers, forage processors and end users.
2. Coordinate research projects and patent registration related to forages. OFC determines the research priorities that will most benefit the producers, selects the projects, and administers the funds
3. Promoting and raising the profile of forages by distributing current information on forage production through public and producer meetings, seminars and the publication of technical information.
4. Collaborate with other Ontario agricultural producer groups such as the Dairy Farmers of Ontario and the Ontario Cattlemen's Association in hosting conferences.
5. Expressing a unified voice that speaks for all forage interests to the general public, government, producers and agribusiness.
6. Participating actively in the national body—the Canadian Forage and Grassland Association, which supports the development of all areas of Canada's forage industry including production, harvesting, preservation, storage, utilization and marketing of forages and the forage products.
7. Promote the positive environmental impacts of forage and grassland on soil and water conservation, carbon sequestration, and wildlife habitat.
The Ontario Forage Council gratefully acknowledges funding provided by the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture and Food and Rural Affairs
|< Prev||Next >|